Why Work For Us
Created in 1995 by Woody Blakely, Blakely Construction has grown over the past two decades into one of the most successful and respected civil construction companies in Canterbury.
The early vision for the company was one of excellent customer service, quality and partnering. With this vision and careful expansion management, the company has evolved into a construction market leader, with a wide customer base generating repeat business, along with a broad array of satisfied clients.
The company has embraced advancements in technology, particularly in GPS machine control, implementing systems and software applications to enhance the delivery of quality construction projects. Many tenders are now won due to wide ranging attributes and previous excellent client relationships and reputation.
Blakely Construction recently received three prestigious awards for the following from the NZ Contractors Federation Canterbury:
- 2014 Innovation Award
- 2014 Most Progressive Company Award
- 2013 Training Award
Blakely Construction has developed over many years some very good reasons that you would want to build your career with us.
- We pay for your further professional development through Connexis, NZQA and industry leading training providers and organizations
- Assistance with Driver licencing class 2 and up
- First Monday of month, Breakfast BBQ put on as part of toolbox meeting
- Employee awards and prizes both monthly and annual
We also provide
- All the required PPE that you will need to carry out your tasks
- Company branded clothing for work use
- Cell phone subsidy or supplied (individually assessed dependant on role)
- Company vehicle (individually assessed dependant on role)
- Tools and equipment for assigned tasks